Friday, September 18, 2009

Cyril Moshkow in D.C.

This is going to be my 13th visit to the United States, and my 1st to the federal capital. I am there for the 10th anniversary of the Open World Program of which I am one of the nominators in Russia (which means that I nominate young Russian jazz musicians who then go to the United States for an intense coure of training); after that, I will be meeting people in D.C. who work in the jazz infrastructure, and see some live music.
I will also take part in one important public event; if you are in Washington on September 30, come and take part.

On Sept. 30, Open World and the Library of Congress Music Division will cosponsor a lunchtime event to be held in the Library's Madison Building, 101 Independence Avenue, SE. The Jazz Summit: Conversations on the American influence in Russian Jazz will be led by two world-renowned jazz experts, Russian Cyril Moshkow and American Larry Appelbaum. Both of these experts have been involved with Open World jazz delegations.

Please join us for this free event Sept. 30. Contact Maura Shelden for details,
mshelden@loc.gov.

Additional Information: Jazz Summit Flyer (313.7KB)

No comments: